BADE ACCHE LAGTE HAIN’s Eva Grover: I was the sexy mom!


BADE ACCHE LAGTE HAIN’s Eva Grover: I was the sexy mom!
BADE ACCHE LAGTE HAIN’s Eva Grover: I was the sexy mom!
The actor gets candid about why she quit the show, what she plans to do with her free time and what’s in store for BALH fans
Niharika Kapoor is dead, but Eva Grover is happy living her life. She doesn’t believe in stretching a role just because it was a hit. “The kind of hype, fan following and platform I got with Bade Acche Lagte Hain is something I will never forget. I want to thank Ekta Kapoor for giving me such an integral role,” she says. She admits that she was not happy with the way her character will be showcased after the leap. “As you would have noticed in the last few episodes, Niharika had grown totally positive. The character was not going to be interesting after the leap. Ekta told me that they will need time to work out something interesting for Niharika, something as interesting as she was till now.  Also, after the leap, my children were going to have children. I was not at all comfortable with playing a grandmum.” Even though she could have been a sexy grandmum, we tell her. She laughs, “They would call me sexy mama on the sets. At the end of the day, I don’t think I could be convincing enough as a grandmum.” That’s how Niharika ended up saving her stepson’s life and dying in his place.

Does that mean all the rumours about her quitting BALH for another show were not true? “I would never do that. I am not that kind of a person. If things were going on smoothly in a show, I would continue,” she says.

And it’s not even that she got bored playing the scheming Niharika. “I liked her look, the fact that she is a meethi churi (sugar-coated knife) and not a typical vamp. I was not asked to play her in any particular way. When a scene was read out to me, I would think how I would enact it while it still seemed realistic. If you are trying to too hard, the audience will know. I did what I understood and did it in my own way. As I kept shooting, it came naturally to me. There’s nothing about Niharika that I didn’t like, even though I couldn’t relate to her. Eva Grover is completely opposite to Niharika,” she reveals.

Now that she is done shooting for BALH, what next? “I am going to learn a proper dance form, maybe belly dancing or salsa, learn to swim and get a new portfolio clicked. I have been getting many offers, but I haven’t finalised anything yet. I’ll pick something that’s nice, different and is a challenge for me. I want to do a reality show or an anchor-based show but I am not sure how to go about it.”

But before you start imagining her on Bigg Boss 6, Eva adds a twist in her tale. When asked what her fans will have to draw them to BALH now that she’s no longer a part of it, she says, “You never know what’s going on in Ekta’s mind. I am sure there will be something to watch for. Niharika’s death hasn’t been confirmed nor her dead body shown so you never know what will happen there. Let’s wait and watch!” Does that mean BALH will become interesting again? We are rubbing our hands in anticipation. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment